To develop a forum that encourages free thinking and provides a platform to express opinions thereby encouraging public speaking.
To foster student leaders of the 21st century by providing healthy and keen competition on global issues which encourage students to comprehend and analyze issues and problems facing the world today.
- Provide a global forum to discuss international issues.
- Create healthy competition to motivate youngsters by organizing different events.
- Encourage public speaking and good diction by giving students an opportunity to speak before an audience.
- Motivate students to analyze and comprehend national and international issues so that they can speak and then write on them with clarity.
- Foster and inculcate through the above good reading habits which are a must for writing and speaking a debate
Our school conducted its Annual Raghubir Singh Memorial Debate (senior category) and Pratap Singh Memorial Debate (junior category) on 22nd August 2017. Prominent schools of Delhi & NCR participated in the debates which were adjudged by able adjudicators-for Senior Category - Mr Deepak Verma President Indian Debating Society, Prof Debraj Mookerjee Professor of English Literature Ramjas College, University of Delhi and Ms Aarti Mathur Lall, PGDAV College, University of Delhi and for Junior Category - Ms Madhulika Singh, Writer & Life Skills Coach and Kanupriya Sekhri, alumna of IIM Bangalore & Communications Expert.
The Rolling Trophy was won by Modern School as the school was the combined winner of both the categories. The results are as follows:
- 22 Aug.2017-Raghubir Singh Memorial Debate
- Ashutosh Verma of Springdales School, Dhaula Kuan - Best Speaker
- Yastika Guru of Sanskriti School, New Delhi - 2nd Best Speaker
- Aatmik Gupta of Modern School,Barakhamba Road - 3rd Best Speaker
- Soham Kacker of Vasant Valley School, New Delhi - Best Interjector
- 22 Aug.2017-Pratap Singh Memorial Debate
- Shashwat Shakar of Springdales School, Dhaula Kuan - Best Speaker
- Arshiya Chaudhary of Modern School, Barakhamba Road - 2nd Best Speaker
- Parth Talwar of Springdales School,Pusa Road - 3rd Best Speaker
- Raghav Ghei of Modern School, Barakhamba Road - Best Interjector
- 20 Apr.2017-Junior Shri Debate held at The Shri Ram School, Maulsari Avenue
- Alisha Kansal - Most Promising Debater
- 21 Apr.2017-Gowardhan Dass Memorial
Declamation Contest held at Springdales, Pusa Road
- Arshdeep Singh and Aryaman Sood - Runner Up Team
- 26-27 Apr.2017-Quest Parliamentary
Debate 2017 held at The Air Force School, Subroto Park
- Aryaman Sood, Rayaan Singh and Uday Goel - First Prize
- 4 May.2017-The Role Rumble-A Twisted Tale held at Air Force Bal Bharati School, Lodi Road
- Arshiya Chaudhary - Second Prize
- 4 May.2017-35th MOD Debate held at Modern School, Vasant Vihar
- Aatmik Gupta, Aryaman Sood and Shreyan Puri - Second Best Team
Aatmik Gupta - Best Speaker
- 5 May.2017-Annual Gracious Living
Debate held at Modern
School, Barakhamba Road
- Laavanya Bedi - Best Speaker First Prize with cash award of Rs. 5,000/-
Modern School, Barakhamba Road - Overall Winner. Being the host school, we passed it on to Step by Step School, Noida being the second best school
- 10-12 May 2017
-27th Frank Von Goldstein Debate held at Yadavindra Public School, Patiala
- Ritvik Vasudeva, Avantika Singh and Harsh Gupta - Runner Up
- 21 July 2017
-Inter-school Debate held by YWCA of Delhi
- Sidhant Kapoor - Best Interjector with Cash Prize of Rs.2,000/-
- 22 July 2017
-Inter-School Debate held by Delhi Public School, Rohini
- Harsh Beri - 2nd Prize
- 3-4 Aug 2017
-3rd Edition of The Jaipur Debate held at Neerja Modi School, Jaipur
- Shrey Goyal, Aryaman Jain and Devank Agarwal - 2nd Runner Up